The group responsible for the conference is:
- The Municipality of Trondheim
- The Norwegian University for Science and Technology (NTNU)
- SINTEF, the largest independent research organization in Scandinavia.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and food
- The Dictorate for Cultural Heritage
- The Sør-Trøndelag County authority
- Wood Focus Norway
- National Association of Norwegian Architects (NAL)
- Norwegian Institute of Wood Technology
Deputy Major of Trondheim, Knut Fagerbakke is the Chairman of the steering committee.Program
Through its network, the Nordic Wooden Cities has united the public sector, the academic research and commercial interests in a superb way by promoting the use of wood.
Innovation Norway, managed by the Norwegian government, supports and encourages development and innovation in Norwegian business. It offers high levels of competency in a range of professions, advisory services and network experiences. Marketing Norway as a tourist destination is also one of its key tasks. By combining local knowledge and international networks with new business ideas and motivated entrepreneurs, its aim is to create the basis for new and successful business projects.
The Norwegian State Housing Bank is the Government’s main agency for implementing Norwegian housing policy on a national level. The main fields of responsibility are housing for disadvantaged groups, universally designed homes and buildings and good building practices with low energy use regarding our environment.